Update: Monday, February 9, 2015, 8:15pm: Due to severe winter weather Harvard Law School is closed on Tuesday, February 10. This event is canceled, but will be rescheduled for a later date. Check back here or sign up for our newsletter for updates!
Trans and intersex individuals face a series of legal, medical, and social challenges. This panel explores these overlapping issues, including: healthcare coverage of treatments such as gender reassignment therapy, the legal recognition of trans identities, intersexuality, and asexuality. Join us for a wide-ranging panel discussion.
- Noa Ben-Asher, Visiting Associate Professor of Law, Harvard Law School
- Elizabeth F. Emens, Isidor and Seville Sulzbacher Professor of Law, Columbia Law School
- Gerald L. Neuman, J. Sinclair Armstrong Professor of International, Foreign, and Comparative Law, Harvard Law School
- Matthew J.B. Lawrence, Academic Fellow, Petrie-Flom Center
- Moderator: I. Glenn Cohen, Professor of Law, Harvard Law School, and Faculty Director, Petrie-Flom Center
This event is free and open to the public. Lunch will be served.
Cosponsored by the Human Rights Program at Harvard Law School and Lambda at Harvard Law School.