An endowment at the DePaul University College of Law funds a faculty fellowship program for scholars to create and disseminate scholarship and teach courses where two dynamic legal fields are increasingly intersecting—health law and intellectual property/information technology, broadly construed.
The fellowship is designed to encourage scholars interested in entering a career in legal academia in these fields. The Jaharis Faculty Fellow will work with and be mentored by faculty from DePaul’s nationally-ranked Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute (JHLI) and Center for Intellectual Property Law & Information Technology (CIPLIT®).
The Fellow will be expected to:
- Teach curricular offerings at the intersection of health & IP/IT;
- Write and present scholarly work in health & IP/IT;
- Supervise and advise LLM and MJ students in these areas;
- Support the work of CIPLIT® and JHLI;
- Continue the work of the Jaharis podcast.
The appointment will be for one academic year, with the possibility of extending for one additional year. Relocation to Chicago not necessarily required.