Please join us for our second annual Health Law Year in P/Review event, co-sponsored by the Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics at Harvard Law School and the New England Journal of Medicine. The conference will be held in Wasserstein Hall, Milstein East C at Harvard Law School on Friday, January 31, 2014, from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
This year we will welcome experts discussing major developments over the past year and what to watch out for in areas including the Affordable Care Act, medical malpractice, FDA regulatory policy, abortion, contraception, intellectual property in the life sciences industry, public health policy, and human subjects research.
The full agenda is available on our website. Speakers are:
- Mark Barnes, Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP
- I. Glenn Cohen, Professor of Law and Faculty Co-Director of the Petrie Flom Center, Harvard Law School
- Greg Curfman, Executive Editor, NEJM
- Peter Grossi, Lecturer on Law, Harvard Law School
- Aaron S. Kesselheim, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Greg Koski, Director of Clinical Research, Division of Cardiovascular Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Senior Scientist, James Mongan Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare System
- Claire Laporte, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP
- Holly Fernandez Lynch, Executive Director of the Petrie-Flom Center, Harvard Law School
- Wendy Mariner, Professor of Law, Edward R. Utley Professor of Health Law, Bioethics & Human Rights, and Professor of Socio-Medical Sciences and Community Medicine at Boston University
- Michelle Mello, Professor of Law and Public Health, Harvard School of Public Health
- Abby Moncrieff, Peter Paul Career Development Professor and Associate Professor of Law, Boston University
- Wendy E. Parmet, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and George J. and Kathleen Waters Matthews Distinguished University Professor of Law, Northeastern University
- W. Nicholson Price II, Academic Fellow, Petrie-Flom Center, Harvard Law School
- Patrick L. Taylor, Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital
This event is supported by the Oswald DeN. Cammann Fund.