Dates: October 28 – 29, 2015
Location: The New York Academy of Sciences, 7 World Trade Center, NYC
Presented by: NYU School of Medicine and the New York Academy of Sciences
Event URL: www.nyas.org/CompassionateUse
Explore challenges surrounding pre-approval access to investigational medicines through a series of debates featuring prominent representatives of governments, pharmaceutical companies, patient groups, NGOs, and foundations in this two-day colloquium.
Agenda topics include:
- Perspectives from Patient Advocates on Compassionate Use and Expanded Access
- The Case of Josh Hardy and Social Media’s Impact
- Lessons Learned from the Ebola Virus Epidemic on Compassionate Use during a Crisis
- Key Issues from Stakeholders’ Perspectives When Considering a Compassionate Use Request
- Legislative or Regulatory Changes on Compassionate Use and Expanded Access
International stakeholders — including representatives of patient-advocacy organizations, regulatory agencies, pharmaceutical companies, non-governmental organizations, and legislatures — will come together to explore the ethical, legal, and social challenges surrounding compassionate use. This meeting aims to galvanize discussion through a series of debates.
Registration for the in-person event or the interactive live stream is now open at www.nyas.org/CompassionateUse. This event is free, but registration is required.