Loyola University Chicago School of Law and the American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics look forward to hosting the 42nd Annual Health Law Professors Conference on June 5-7, 2019 in Chicago.
We welcome your proposals for the conference program, which should be submitted via this form by January 15, 2019.
We are also pleased to introduce a new opportunity to publish your work in a special post-conference issue of the Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Further details are provided below the fold.
ASLME Conference Presentation Proposals
You may submit a proposal for either a panel presentation or an individual paper presentation. In order to accommodate as many presenters as possible, we must limit presentations to one per person. Thus, please submit only one proposal, and do not submit an individual proposal if you plan to speak as part of a panel presentation.
Proposals should be submitted via this form by January 15, 2019. If you have any technical issues with the form, please contact Kristin Finn at email@example.com. Please note that this website is provided solely for proposal submission, not conference registration. Conference registration can be found on the ASLME website. Questions related to conference planning, registration, and logistics may be directed to ASLME’s Katie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JLME Special Symposium Issue
New this year is the opportunity to publish in a special post-conference issue of the Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics. This issue will be dedicated to the most cutting-edge issues presented at the 2019 Health Law Professors Conference. As you prepare your presentation proposals for the Health Law Professors Conference, please consider submitting a more detailed abstract on your topic that may be selected for publication in this special symposium issue of JLME.
The Symposium Issue is seeking to publish 8 – 10 articles, each approximately 20 double-spaced pages (including footnotes), on topics presented at the 2019 Health Law Professors Conference. As this will be the first time that scholarship presented at the conference will appear in a dedicated special symposium issue, we are seeking to publish articles that represent the high quality, dynamic, and impactful scholarship that is a hallmark of our field, our association, and our signature conference.
Abstract Submission Specifics
- Invitations to publish in the Symposium Issue will be determined by faculty of the Beazley Institute and the Editor-in-Chief of JLME.
- Invitations to publish are competitive. Abstracts will be evaluated based upon the following criteria:
- Originality of the issue explored and its impact on the legal/policy area(s) at issue.
- Quality of the abstract submitted, including clarity of ideas to be explored and the article’s place in existing scholarship on the topic.
- Commitment of the author to meet article submission deadlines.
- Abstracts should be 750 – 1000 words.
- The deadline for abstract submission is February 15, 2019. Authors will receive invitations to publish in the Symposium Issue by March 15, 2019. First drafts of articles will be due June 30, 2019. Following an internal peer review process, final drafts of articles will be due September 15th. Publication of the Symposium Issue is expected in the Winter 2019 issue of JLME.
- Abstract submissions should be sent to email@example.com. Receipt of submission will be acknowledged. Questions regarding abstracts may be directed to JLME editor Ted Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acceptance of an article for publication will be premised upon timely submission of a completed article which meets the intent of the accepted abstract.